Driven by our commitment to improve outcomes for injured workers and our customers, Genex is the most experienced medical managed care provider in the industry. Our timeline provides perspective on how the disability management industry has evolved.
- General Rehabilitation Services incorporates in Pennsylvania October 23
- Merges with General Care Review Inc.
- Name Changed to Genex Services Inc.
- Merges with Bluebird Acquisition Corp.
- Provident Companies Inc. acquires Genex
- Provident merges with Unum creating UnumProvident Corp.
- Genex acquires ROI
- Genex acquires Integrated Benefits Management (IBM)
- Genex acquires Independent Review Services (IRS), a medical diagnostic networks and independent medical examinations provider. The network becomes Genex Medical Diagnostic Network.
- Trident IV, a private equity fund managed by Stone Point Capital, acquires Genex.
- Genex acquires Choice Medical Management from Unisource Administrators, changing its name to Choice Provider Network, A Division of Genex Services Inc.
- Genex acquires American Rehabilitation Inc., a regional case management services provider to the workers’ compensation (WC) market.
- Becomes one of four largest radiology networks in the U.S. after acquiring Professional Diagnostic Management, a national radiology service provider to WC market.
- Acquires Claimetrics’ telephonic case management business.
- Becomes largest case management provider in the U.S. by acquiring Intracorp’s WC and disability case management business from CIGNA.
- Acquires Network Synergy Group, a national occupational healthcare management company that provides physical and occupational therapy network services.
- Apax Partners, a private equity investment group, acquires Genex.
- Genex acquires M Hayes, a leading case management firm for the WC and disability insurance markets.
- Acquires CID Management, a leading WC provider of utilization review software and services
- Acquires Leading Case Management Firm ICM
- Becomes first in industry to develop WC transportation guidelines