If you have any questions regarding this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com.
1. Types of Information We Collect
We may collect two types of information from users of our Sites and Services: “Personal Information,” which is information that you provide that can be used to identify you (such as name, email address, and account number), and “Aggregate Information,” which is information that cannot be used to identify you (such as frequency of visits to the Site and browser type).
- Personal Information Collected By Us
i. We collect Personal Information that you voluntarily provide to us when you use our Sites and Services. For example, you may provide us with your email address, first name and last name, phone number, or other Personal Information.
ii. If you choose to share information publicly through our Site or Services, please understand that we cannot control the actions of third parties who could collect this information.
- Personal Information Collected From Our Business Customers As You Use Our Products and Services
- Personal Information Collected by Third Parties
- Aggregate Information Collected
i. Aggregate Information is information that does not identify you. Aggregate Information may be collected when you visit our Site or interact with our Services, independent of any information you voluntarily enter. Additionally, we may use one or more processes to de-identify information that contains Personal Information, such that only Aggregate Information remains. We may collect, use, store, and transfer Aggregate Information without restriction.
ii. For example, when you visit our Site, some information is automatically collected. Such information could include your operating system, the site from which you linked to us (“referring page”), the name of the website you choose to visit immediately after ours (called the “exit page”), information about other websites you have recently visited, browser (software used to browse the internet) type and language, device identifier numbers, your site activity, and the time and date of your visit. Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our visitors, we are not able to respond to Do Not Track signals from your browser at this time.
- Use of “Cookies”
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser to help us identify you when you come to our Site. You have choices with respect to cookies. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject all cookies, you may be unable to use those aspects of our Sites that require registration in order to participate. You can learn more about cookies and how they work at www.allaboutcookies.org. You can always disable cookies through your browser settings. Doing so, however, may disable certain features on our Sites. You can opt-out from third party cookies that are used for advertising purposes on the NAI website at networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
- Interest-Based Advertising
i. We may also participate in interest-based advertising using similar technology. This means that you may see advertising on our Sites tailored to how you browse or shop, or you may see advertising for Genex and its properties on other websites based on your browsing behavior across websites. Some websites where we may advertise belong to ad networks that use your web browsing history to choose which ads to display on their network websites; these ads include advertising for Genex and its Sites. Other websites where you see our ads, such as Facebook, may use interest preferences that you have chosen on those sites, as well as registration and other information about you, to choose which ads to display to you. Some internet browsers, websites such as Facebook and mobile devices offer opt-outs for interest-based advertising. We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. Please refer to the website that you are visiting, your browser and/or your device settings for additional information, including how you can opt-out of receiving targeted advertising.
ii. You can also opt-out of receiving interest-based ads from third parties who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) or who follow the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising by visiting the opt-out pages on the NAI website (networkadvertising.org/choices/) and DAA website (aboutads.info/choices/).
2. How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
• To present our Website and its contents to you.
• To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
• To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
• To provide you with notices that may be important to you about our products and services.
• To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
• To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
• In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
• For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
3. Sharing of Personal Information with Third Parties
- We may transfer Personal Information to third parties for the purpose of providing the Services. We may disclose Personal Information to our affiliates or third party service providers to provide you with the Services. For example, we may transfer your Personal Information to third party service providers to (i) assist with providing the Services; (ii) to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it; or (iii) communicate with you about current or future offerings. These third party service providers are not authorized to retain, share, store or use the Personal Information for any purposes other than to provide the services they have been hired to provide.
- We may also elect to transfer your Personal Information to third parties under special circumstances to: (i) to comply with a legal requirement, judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on Us; (ii) to investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; (iii) in connection with the sale, purchase, merger, reorganization, liquidation or dissolution of Genex; (iv) when we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of Genex or other persons, (v) to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes; or (vi) as otherwise required or permitted by law, including any contractual obligations of Genex.
4. Children and Privacy
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children in connection with the features of our Sites or Services. If we become aware that an individual under the age of 13 has provided personally identifiable information through our Sites or Services, we will immediately remove the individual’s personally identifiable information from our files.
5. How Do We Protect Your Information
- We take the security of your Personal Information very seriously. We use reasonable administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to secure the Personal Information you share with us. Despite these safeguards and our additional efforts to secure your information, we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third-parties will not be able to defeat our security and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your Personal Information.
- Any email or other communication purporting to be from one of our websites asking you to provide sensitive information via email, should be treated as unauthorized and suspicious and should be reported to us immediately by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Your California Privacy Rights
California residents who provide personal information in obtaining Services are entitled to request and obtain from us once a calendar year information about the personal information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing use. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g., requests made in 2016 will receive information regarding 2015 sharing activities).
Each time you use our Site or Services the current version of the Policy will apply. When you use our Site, you should check the date of this Policy (which appears at the top of the Policy) and review any changes since the last version. Our business changes frequently and this Policy is subject to change from time to time. Unless stated otherwise, our current Policy applies to all information that we have about you. We will not materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of your privacy without the consent of affected customers.
8. How Do You Contact Us?
To contact us with your questions or comments regarding this Policy or the information collection and dissemination practices of this website, please email us at email@example.com.
9. Governing Law
This Policy is governed by the laws of the State of California, U.S.A. without giving effect to any principles of conflict of law.