Expanding Your Job Search with Ticket to Work
Have questions about disability benefits and work? ChooseWork will debunk myths and provide valuable information in this month’s Work Incentives Seminar Event (WISE) webinar. If you receive Social Security disability benefits (SSI or SSDI) and want to work, mark your calendars for May 25 at 3 p.m. ET to learn more!
Goals of the Program
- Offer beneficiaries with disabilities expanded choices when seeking service and supports to enter, re-enter and/or maintain employment;
- Increase the financial independence and self-sufficiency of beneficiaries with disabilities; and
- Reduce and, whenever possible, eliminate reliance on disability benefits
Advantages of Participating
- Free service to ticket holders as the fee is paid by the Social Security Administration
- Return to work without automatically losing access to your Social Security Disability payments
- If unable to continue working because of the same disability, expedited reinstatement of original benefits, without the need for a new application
- Ability to continue to receive Medicare for up to 7 years
- Protection from continuing disability reviews (CDR) while you are participating in the Ticket Program and progressing towards your employment goal.
The Genex Advantage
- Genex has been providing vocational and return-to-work services for more than 42 years
- All communication with Social Security can be handled by Genex to include the reporting of earnings to SSA which can help avoid overpayments
- A personal vocational counselor will be assigned to each ticket holder and will work to assess and develop an employment strategy unique to each individual